LRO: Re: front cover oil seal -- I need some direction

From: Alyn Fendley (Alyn.Fendley@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 04:40:03 EDT

    Chris
    The solution I found was to drill out the rivets and tap the rivet holes to
    take 4mm(?) allen cap screws. This solved the problem of nuts on the inside
    that I figured might come undone even with the loctite and allowed for
    future replacement of the seal without removal of the timing cover, although
    I have not yet put that to the test.
    With the cover painted and neat looking allen cap screws I was impressed.
    Pity it can't be seen when the pulley is back in place.

    I'm not sure about the bronze part though. Mine was a an 76 88 SIII. As
    far I remember there was only the hole after the deal and cover were
    removed. HTH.

    Alyn