Re: LRO: GRRRRR-engine rebuild time

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 09:53:57 EDT

    > So if my engine started missing, and when I step on the gas it backfires
    > through the carb, what is that most likely to be? Head gasket, burnt
    > valve?

    I'm partial to badly burnt/ slipped points.

    My policy on toubleshooting problems. Start with the easiest/cheapest to
    identify/fix then work your way to the hardest to varify and most
    expensive to fix posibility last.

    Beats removing a cylinder head because of slipped points...been there,
    done that in my less experienced days.

    TeriAnn Wakeman If you send me direct mail, please
    Santa Cruz, California start the subject line with TW -
    twakeman@cruzers.com I will be sure to read the message

    http://www.shadow-catcher.net <- Photography for sale
    http://www.overlander.net <- Web directory for Land Rover
    http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman <- My personal web site

    "How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
    Amelia Earhart 1898-1937