Re: LRO: Painting a IIa

From: Lori Sickley (rovers@nep.net)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 09:04:09 EDT

    >RON WARD wrote:
    >Hey,
    >
    >I have decided to hand paint my 88" and want a color close to pastel
    >green. Now, about a week ago I was browsing around on the internet and
    >recall seeing a picture of a young lady's 88" (on OVLR or ROAV site?) that
    >had been painted the same color.

    Think that would be my 88.
    Now the young part could be debated however, since I am older than my rover : 0

    > The caption mentioned a Martha Stewart "garden collections," or
    > something similar, paint color.

    Bought two quarts and only used one. Found the spare can and it is called
    "Martha Stewart Garden Enamels High Gloss Latex Enamel" in Dorchester Green
    $7.95 per quart. Not exactly high gloss, then again I primed it with a wash
    of Dawn dish detergent then brushed and rolled it on. It's darker than
    pastel green.

    >Anyone recommend a variety or close color match in a rustoleum or other
    >exterior paint that can be found at the Home Depot or someplace?

    Bought it at K-Mart after having the paint mixer kid open a bunch of cans
    searching for just the right color : )

    Does that make it not a LR? ; )

    Picture is on this page:
    http://www.gotsoap.com/store/LR.html