RE: LRO: Re: Engine rebuild time

From: Tackley, John (jtackley@dit.state.va.us)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 08:16:32 EDT

    Jim reprted:
    "I decided to pull it in the garage even though it is still covered with
    snow. I started it and poped the bonnet and started pulling plug wires.
    #4 made no difference. "

    Jim,
    Don't overlook the obvious and simple things...that plug wire could be bad
    (swap #1 & #4 wires and see if #1 still fires), the plug could be bad or
    fouled(remove/check)...check the simple & obvious first, before making
    assumptions and reaching for the tool box to remove the head...I've often
    learned that lesson the hard way!

    JT/ric