Re: LRO: RE: DC 3's

From: Rick Grant (rgrant@cadvision.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 22:27:42 EDT

    >the air. The program was cancelled after two C-47s had been fitted
    >with the floats,

    I tried posting on this last night but I suspect that there is some form of
    filter in the mailing list that knocks out messages with too many URL's.

    Anyhow, if you go to google.com and put the search term "DC-3" and "floats"
    in you will find a bunch of pages with pictures of the DC-3 float
    conversion. Plus a page that lists all variants of the DC-3 which
    indicates that only one C-47 was converted during the war. That not only
    flies in the face of Marin's research but also a vague memory I have of
    once seeing a photograph of two float equipped C-47's sitting side by side.

                                    Rick Grant

    Rick Grant Communications
    International Media and Crisis Management
    Calgary - Ottawa
    www.rickgrant.com