Re: LRO: castoral brake fluid...

From: Perrone Ford (ford_p@nettally.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 13:24:24 EDT

    I was referring to the Rangie, which is why I apologized and said I should have asked what type of truck.  Also why I mentioned that I need to be careful posting to the series list.

    I DID get my LMA at Pep Boys and that is what is in my truck right now.

    -P

    Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus wrote:

    And I believe that the "castrol only" is a myth.  I am perfectly
    comfortable using other brake fluid.  I intend to change over to ATE blue
    with my next fluid change.

    -P

    Perrone, are you referring specifically to your Range Rover or is there
    another truck you're working with here? Rangies may well have later type
    seals - Series vehicles most definitely do NOT in the vast majority of
    cases.

    It's not worth the risk at the price. Uless you're doing silicone fluids
    (another kettle of fish i don't plan to stew) GT/LMA is the way to go.

    BTW, Pep Boys sells LMA in 1 liter bottles for about 5 bucks...

    ajr