LRO: paint

From: Peter Thomson (razorback2@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 08:20:44 EDT

    G-Day,
               I was checking through my papers some time back when the paint
    subject came up to see if I could find the colour chart I had listing all
    the paint numbers up till the 80s, but it is nowhere to be found. We were
    repainting rovers in Australia years back and we got our paint from a
    company called "Wattle Paints "and we found that their colours at that time
    were just about spot on, they didn't have names just numbers. I carn't
    remember what year Land/Rover gave you a choise of colours but I do know at
    one time S/W/B was green L/W/B was Grey or Air Force Blue. I remember when
    I bought my new 88" in 1969 I couldn't belive it when they gave me a
    choise of colours and I picked Sand. I dodn't think those older paints are
    on the market any more because of their lead content etc.
    Peter.