Re: LRO: Hand cranking and engine swaps

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 07:58:39 EDT

    Peter Oglive gloated:

    started on the 2nd crank despite having sat through a
    bitterly cold 68 degree night.

    Y'know, I hate you and the island you rode in on....8*)

    I've had to use the hand crank in anger one or two times - one of them
    being when the starter packed up in a motorway coffee stop on the way to
    Southampton.

    40-odd year old truck, original wires, original points - and the bugger
    started on the third try!

    Not too shabby....

    FYI - I know about the repeating messages - thanks - I fixed it - apologies
    to the list.

                                  ALan