LRO: Marin, the Swedish Chef

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 00:10:35 EDT

    I found a groovy website that converts text a good number of dialects.
    http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/ I pasted Marin's latest post re. new
    vehicles in and selected "swedish chef."

    For anyone who has no clue who he is, the Swedish Chef is a Sesame Street
    (old US children's TV show) character and this is how he talks.

    Here's the masterpiece:

    I vunder iff yuoo cun sey thet ebuoot elmust ifery "noo" feheecle-a,
    hooefer. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Zee Freelunder hes certeeenly beee
    a sooccess in terms ooff seles, und I gooess yuoo cuoold cunseeder zee
    Deffender a sooccess, tuu. Vhee I buooght my SIII in 1973, I deedn't booy
    it fur memureees oor cherecter, es it ves a brund noo feheecle-a. It,
    elung veet zee Tuyuta FJ40, zee Jeep CJ, und zee Bruncu represented zee
    stete-a ooff zee ert in ceefiliun 4vds. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Tventy-
    ieeght yeers leter, yuoo cun certeeenly telk ebuoot memureees und
    cherecter, boot I dun't recell theenking ebuoot thet vhee I buooght it.
    Um de hur de hur de hur. I vunder iff, tventy-ieeght yeers frum noo,
    peuple-a veell be-a seyeeng zee seme-a theeng ebuoot a 2001 Freelunder?
    Zee coorrent crup ooff SOoFs dun't hefe-a uny cherecter tu me-a, ieezeer,
    boot a lut ooff peuple-a ere-a qooeooeeng up tu booy zeem. It vuoold be-a
    interesteeng tu knoo vhet THEY see-a in zee noo feheecles. Um gesh dee
    bork, bork!