RE: LRO: Land rover bodied tedium

From: Steve Mace (steve@solwise.co.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 02:46:43 EDT

    So.... the fact that you (in this example) accidentally send an email to the
    wrong address means that I'm several dollars out of pocket :-(

    Does this sort of disclaimer actually have any legal bearing at all if it means
    that the recipient must pay for your (in this example) mistakes? If someone
    sends you a postal letter, which has your address on the front but it's actually
    intended for someone else do you legally have to a) phone up the sender and
    then b) burn the letter? I think not!

    Also... does it have any cross-border legality e.g. US to UK? In fact,
    presumably the LRO list server has already broken the law (if it is illegal of
    course - debatable) by duplicating the message several hundred times and
    then sending it on.

    Just curious... Just asking questions.... Just going to put the kettle on.. :-)

    On 10 Apr 2001, at 9:09, SJH wrote:

    > No.

    Steve

    1972 SIII LtWt Green