Subject: LRO Mailing List DIGEST * * * * V1 #325

From: [email-masked] (LRO Mailing List DIGEST * * * *)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:03:38 -0400

LRO Mailing List DIGEST * * * * Tuesday, April 10 2001 Volume 01 : Number 325

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:05:40 +0100
From: "Steve Mace" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: NAS D90 replica

See this months LROi... They have details of some of the parts needed. Looks 
like a fair bit of money is required: 
New doors
New rear quarter body panels (both sides)
New rear lights
New tailgate
New spare wheel carrier
New rear bumper/tow-bar
Soft Top
Roll bar
Rear seats.

Plus about 10 or 20 other bits and bobs. Looks quite easy to do - nothing that 
throwing money at the problem can't fix!

On 8 Apr 2001, at 15:25, Chico Salgueiro wrote:

I am about to buy a D 90 Td5, however i love the look of the NAS.
How can turn my D90 Td5 into a NAS replica.(Roll cage;forward facing 
seat,sliding front seats;etc..)

Thank you very much

Chico Salgueiro
- -------------
Steve

1972 SIII LtWt Green
1993 D90 Red
- -------------------------------------
Name: Dr Steve Mace
E-mail: [email-masked]
www: http://www.solwise.co.uk
Tel: 0845 458 4558 (local rate)
Fax: 0845 458 4559
Intl. Fax. +44 1482 621877
- -------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 15:25:04 +0100
From: "Chico Salgueiro" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: NAS D90 replica

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C0C040.161E5360
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am about to buy a D 90 Td5, however i love the look of the NAS.
How can turn my D90 Td5 into a NAS replica.(Roll cage;forward facing =
seat, sliding front seats;etc..)

Thank you very much

Chico Salgueiro
- -------------

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C0C040.161E5360
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am about to buy a D 90 Td5, however i =
love the=20
look of the NAS.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How can turn my D90 Td5 into a NAS =
replica.(Roll=20
cage;forward facing seat,&nbsp;sliding front seats;etc..)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you very much</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chico Salgueiro</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>-------------</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C0C040.161E5360--

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 06:29:10 -0500
From: "oldhaven" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: Fantasy ride

> n a DC-3/C-47.  Don't care whether I go as passenger or cargo (Hey I
> > retired after 22 years in the Army - I'm used to going as cargo!)  I've
> > ridden in a lot of military aircraft, but never one of these.
> >
> > Anyone know of a Charter or Scheduled flying, preferably on or near the
> East
> > Coast, I can hook up with?  If so, please respond off list.
> >
> > Thanks for the band width.
> >
> > Larry Smith
> > Chester, VA

Two suggestions:

In Greenville Maine there is a DC-3 floatplane (really) which gets flown once a 
year or so off of Moosehead Lake.  I suppose a lot of money could get you a 
ride.  You can at least see it at the annual floatplane fly-in every summer.

Go on a vacation to Honduras and fly out to the Bay Islands to go diving.  I did 
that on a DC-3 several times,

Ron Franklin 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 07:48:41 -0400
From: "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Oh, the humanity!

So, when you compare the pertronix with the Crane, does the pertronix look
more robust than the Crane system?  My installation ran just fine for
20,000
miles, but I was constantly peeking a jaundiced eye under the dizzy cap to
see if the gimcracky little screw and arm thingy was still in place.  The
darned thing never shifted, but I had a spare breaker plate with P&C just
in
case...

Clinton

The Pertronix is a flat metal plate with a little black plastic block
riveted to it. Period. No more, no less, unless you count the wires.

No adjustments at all - it is held in place by the points pivot and the
condenser hold-down screw. No fuss, no adjustments. That's one of the
biggest things I like on the Pertronix vs. the Crane.

                         ajr

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:48:53 +0200
From: Paul Oxley <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: Paint codes (no lr content)

Hi All,

Sorry for the non-lr stuff, but my neighbour (who owns two Landies, so
maybe that'll suffice) has some old Duco paint codes, and is looking for
a modern alternative. 

I can remember someone on the list (in the distant past) talking about
this. I wasn't listening at the time since I have no interest in
automotive paint colours other than dark green and white :-{)}
 
Regards

Paul Oxley
AfricanAdrenalin.com

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 07:51:31 -0400
From: "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Birthday Wish (Non-Land Rover)

So my advice to you is either don't look out the windows at plane parts
_or_ start drinking heavily.

<rye-whiskey-rye-whiskey,-rye-whiskey-i-cry>-ly y'rs,
Ivan;-)

Y'know, I like this guy......

OK! HEADS UP IN THE PUB!

VOTE ON MAKING IVAN WRITER/ARTIST IN RESIDENCE!

ALL IN FAVOR?

                    ajr

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:21:30 -0400
From: "Alex Maiolo" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Oh, the humanity!

I second that emphatically. I've heard the fancier systems work a little
better, but the marked improvement you'll get with the Pertronix, its
reliability, the fact that it drops in in 20 minutes, and it's low price
make it the best bet.
Drop it in a "fahgeddaboutit."

I always carried points and a condensor with me when I was running a
Pertronix, but I've always carried them in any Rover I've owned that was
originally designed to use points.
Anybody know if Pertronix makes a V8 rig?

- -Alex Maiolo
Chapel Hill NC
- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: LRO: Oh, the humanity!

>
> So, when you compare the pertronix with the Crane, does the pertronix look
> more robust than the Crane system?  My installation ran just fine for
> 20,000
> miles, but I was constantly peeking a jaundiced eye under the dizzy cap to
> see if the gimcracky little screw and arm thingy was still in place.  The
> darned thing never shifted, but I had a spare breaker plate with P&C just
> in
> case...
>
> Clinton
>
> The Pertronix is a flat metal plate with a little black plastic block
> riveted to it. Period. No more, no less, unless you count the wires.
>
> No adjustments at all - it is held in place by the points pivot and the
> condenser hold-down screw. No fuss, no adjustments. That's one of the
> biggest things I like on the Pertronix vs. the Crane.
>
>                          ajr
>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:51:26 -0400
From: "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Oh, the humanity!

Anybody know if Pertronix makes a V8 rig?

Most definitely.

               ajr

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:09:16 -0400
From: "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Distibutors

Bill, I stand corrected. Thanks for the information.

I will admit I have been known to grind the finger on the inside of the
distributor to make up for the advance, however...<grin>

     aj"Naughty, I know..."r

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:11:16 -0400
From: "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Distibutors

On the question 0f 5-8-3 suction and the like:

Could you translate that into poor dumb American? I assume it is advance at
various levels of vacuum though I might well (and often have been) wrong.

I sit at the feet of the master and await the wisdom...<grin>

Seriously, though - I am interested.

                    Alan

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:14:52 -0500
From: "cde3" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: RE: Marin Faure

If you are bored (as I am) or offended by Marin Faure's e-mails, do what I
do.  Have all of them directly deposited into their own folder which goes
directly into the recycle bin.  I occasionally have to do this on the
Porsche List (rarely on the Triumphs List) when the person's rantings
outweigh whatever helpful e-mails (if any)they may contribute.  The longer
you are a member of these types of e-mail lists, the more you will realize
that this is a common occurrence and it's best just to ignore them, and send
their e-mails directly to the recycle bin.
Don Emery

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:26:56 -0400
From: "Tackley, John" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: RE: Shipfitters...

Clinton, 

If you are going to the trouble of removing the bulkhead, then there's only
one sensible solution...Galvanize it!
You will not need to prep it at all, that is, you don't have to sandblast or
scrape paint, grease or rust, as the acid prep bath will take care of all
that, just plan on re-tapping any threaded holes that get clogged with that
fresh, new, shiny, non-rusting zinc stuff.  Weld it/repair it to your
heart's content prior to the dip and all the welds will get coated in zinc
too.  The zinc will flow into the cracks and crevices,sealing and
rust-inhibiting the inaccessible areas.
I'd say it's 'bout time to start asking around locally as to where the
galvanizer is located...

check out:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=195874&a=12427531&p=45615497

JT/ric

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:42:58 GMT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: LRO: Birthday wish

Larry;

I believe that Royal Nepal Airlines still fly DC-3's.  I once flew from Dehli 
to Katmandu in one.  Great flight except that it was cold, noisy and bumpy, but 
a great experience.  Tell the SO what a great B-day gift it would be to go to 
Nepal, Fly in a DC-3, stop in Darjeeling and see some SI Land Rovers, and ride 
the narrow gage.

S'cuse me I've got to make some reservations.

Hurricane Mitch

- ---------------------------------------------
This message was sent using MHO WebMail.
http://www.mho.net

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:06:42 
From: "Chris Oles" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: Anyone tape the Cubs/Expos game last Thursday?  ***no LR content***

Played hookie from work last Thursday and went to the game.  A freind of a 
friend that was there with me has said that we're on TV.  Did anyone on this 
list happen to record the game?  I'd love to get a copy of it and will 
reimburse any expense needed to get this forwared to me.  Drop me a note 
off-line if you can help!  Sorry for the bandwidth!

TIA,

Chris
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:27:22 -0400
From: "Tackley, John" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: RE: Hi-lift & Tailgates

Larry Smith
Chester, VA, wrote...

"I still like Dave Bobeck's idea of using skate board wheels as the
isolators."

Not hard to believe Dave had a skateboard, but it is hard to believe Dave
had an idea...oh, well...that's another completely different topic...

Or you can just use the old dust boots off your discarded wheel
cylinders...which also make GREAT anti-rattle bumbers when installed on the
anti-luce latches of your tailgate...and they have the added benefit of
being GENUINE ORIGINAL LAND ROVER OEM PARTS...(...errr, well Girling, OE
used by LR...which should be close enuff to avoid the dreaded NLR
syndrome)!!!

Notta-Land-Rover = NLR

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:32:57 -0400
From: "Tackley, John" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: RE: heater install

Simon J. Harding
Attorney at Law
Schulte Anderson Downes Aronson & Bittner, P.C.
503.223.4131
[email-masked]

...said...

Re:  the kodiak:  make that a Mark III, sorry for the typo.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any attachments to it are   
intended for use only by the addressee(s), and may contain privileged or   
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are   
not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message or any   
attachments to it, or to take any action based on them.  If you have   
received this message in error, please notify me immediately by telephone   
at (503) 223-4131, and permanently delete the original and any copy of   
this message.

Thanks for that correction, my good sir.

Bobby Braun Schmidt, III
Attorney at Law
Dewey, Skrewum and Howe, P.C.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:28:50 -0600
From: "William J. Rice" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: RE: Shipfitters...

John Tackley said,
you don't have to sandblast or
scrape paint, grease or rust, as the acid prep bath will take care of all
that"

But really it depends on the galvanizer--the one in Denver I'll be taking
my bulkhead to soon doesn't care about rust, but paint must be removed
for some reason.  Maybe his acid bath only eats rust and not paint?  So
I'll have to get mine sandblasted before taking it down there.

bill

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:08:10 -0400
From: "Tackley, John" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: RE: Re: Series Fuel tanks

Marin commented:
"If you simply want to remove the dirt and debris on the inside, I suppose a

strong solvent would be the way to go.  Or you could dump in some coarse
gravel 
and rattle that around in there for awhile to loosen the scale and whatnot 
first.  "
___________________________

CREEM (available at MC shops and online at MC supply houses,for sealing
leaking gas tanks) in its prep instructions suggests a length of heavy chain
(18") be inserted into the dirty tank and then shake the tank about.  The
chain does the work of the gravel, nuts and bolts, but being heavier
probably is more efficient at this task.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:09:31 +0200
From: Luca Ingianni <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Power

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Am Montag,  9. April 2001 01:08 schrieben Sie:
> As soon as any thing get buried or locked away the rumour starts
> thatthere must be a great treasure there. To say that the contents would

Another story from my archaeologist friend: he's doing excavations in 
Jordan, Syria, Israel and other places in the area and of course he 
employs local (arab) workers. The local people just don't undertand how 
someone could be stupid enough to dig for *stones* and are convinced he's 
digging for treasures. More than one excavation site has been totally and 
irreparably devastated while he was away by locals with bulldozers digging 
for the gold.

have fun,
	Luca

- - -- 
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a
suitable application of high explosives.

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org

iEYEARECAAYFAjrTIi8ACgkQ7uxRR5vRvyvptwCeKWo+tRakXN7pAfnNhI8Jxj7e
rqgAniP6Rr0v9YKUr0Fxuub+mqH9MtFh
=6TQG
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:11:10 -0400
From: "Tackley, John" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: LRO: Land rover bodied tedium

Uh, oh...Simon, kindly disregard my previous message, as it may have been a
major faux-pas to have disseminated it back to the list...

Bobby Braun Schmidt, III
Dewey, Skrewum and Howe, P. C.

;>)

- -----Original Message-----
From: M. Tompkins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 8:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: LRO: Land rover bodied tedium

wow, what a notice. wonder how many lawyers actually own a series
vehicle and take passengers along. can you imagine being a
passenger and signing your name on some huge releasability of
liability document.
is this what our country has turned into?
Mike
'66 Hybrid Coiler 109" SW
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6623/

SJH wrote:

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any attachments to it are
> intended for use only by the addressee(s), and may contain privileged or
> confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
> not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message or any
> attachments to it, or to take any action based on them.  If you have
> received this message in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
> at (503) 223-4131, and permanently delete the original and any copy of
> this message.
>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:14:13 -0400
From: "Tackley, John" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: RE: Birthday Wish (Non-Land Rover)

Larry, 

I've ridden in a DC-3 and would be happy to tell you all about my experience
at your Birthday Party...
BTW are you planning on having any beer at your party???...what kind???

JT/ric/;->
>...previously, Larry wrote:

Ok folks, we've talked about Land Rovers, coffee, boats, planes, etc.

I have a birthday coming up and have an unfulfilled fantasy.  I want a ride
in a DC-3/C-47.  Don't care whether I go as passenger or cargo (Hey I
retired after 22 years in the Army - I'm used to going as cargo!)  I've
ridden in a lot of military aircraft, but never one of these.

Larry Smith
Chester, VA

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 01 08:17:55 -0700
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Land rover bodied tedium

>I heard that if you swap a ford into a chevy and a chevy into a ford,   
>they'll both go faster!  I'm sorry for my part in perpetuating this muck.

You are skirting the profane and risk being sentenced to an eternity of 
US SUVs.

Oh almighty  2.25 three main bearing Land Rover engine, praise be to the 
Land Rover factory.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:50:44 +0100
From: "Steve Mace" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: LRO: Land rover bodied tedium

Will you reimburse the cost of the phone call (from the UK)?

> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any attachments to it are
> > intended for use only by the addressee(s), and may contain privileged or
> > confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
> > not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message or any
> > attachments to it, or to take any action based on them.  If you have
> > received this message in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
> > at (503) 223-4131, and permanently delete the original and any copy of
> > this message.

Steve

1972 SIII LtWt Green
1993 D90 Red
- -------------------------------------
Name: Dr Steve Mace
E-mail: [email-masked]
www: http://www.solwise.co.uk
Tel: 0845 458 4558 (local rate)
Fax: 0845 458 4559
Intl. Fax. +44 1482 621877
- -------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:56:25 -0300
From: [email-masked] (John Cranfield)
Subject: Re: LRO: Anyone tape the Cubs/Expos game last Thursday?  ***no LR  content***

What sort of a game was that then?
John and Muddy

Chris Oles wrote:
> 
> Played hookie from work last Thursday and went to the game.  A freind of a
> friend that was there with me has said that we're on TV.  Did anyone on this
> list happen to record the game?  I'd love to get a copy of it and will
> reimburse any expense needed to get this forwared to me.  Drop me a note
> off-line if you can help!  Sorry for the bandwidth!
> 
> TIA,
> 
> Chris
> _________________________________________________________________
> Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 01 08:52:17 -0700
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Distibutors

>Its not that difficult to swap weights and springs from the used dist. to
>the new, just keep the spring and its weight together.

And pray that the springs haven't streched and are still within spec 
after all those years and that you remeber which goes where.  Or that one 
doesn't go sprong and fly off into an alternate universe where it will 
never be found until after you replace it.

Hail be to the sacred 2.25 three main bearing Land Rover engine, praise 
be to the Land Rover factory.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 01 08:57:29 -0700
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Distibutors

You need to keep in mind that unless you replace your worn Land Rover 
distributor with another genuine Land Rover distributor, you will no 
longer driving a Land Rover.  

Add a MGB, Sprite or other off marque distributor and your car will 
become a totally valueless pile if hybrid junk.

The distributor is the heart of the engine.

Praise be to the Land Rover engineers.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:01:55 -0700
From: Mark Pilkington <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: RE: Re: Series Fuel tanks

How come the insertion of gravel/glass/chains into my fuel tanks and the
subsequent vigorous shaking does not break off the tube that sucks the fuel up
and out of the tank.  I assume that there is a tube hanging down inside the tank
because I have a Chevy 327 V8 in the vehicle and the fuel pump is a "sucker"
stuck to the side of the engine.  Anyone have any experience with the internal
construction of these Series tanks.  Do I have to remove the sender guage float
for example etc etc?  All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for the
information you have supplied already on this subject.  It is all of great
interest.
Kind regards,
Mark Pilkington

"Tackley, John" wrote:

> Marin commented:
> "If you simply want to remove the dirt and debris on the inside, I suppose a
>
> strong solvent would be the way to go.  Or you could dump in some coarse
> gravel
> and rattle that around in there for awhile to loosen the scale and whatnot
> first.  "
> ___________________________
>
> CREEM (available at MC shops and online at MC supply houses,for sealing
> leaking gas tanks) in its prep instructions suggests a length of heavy chain
> (18") be inserted into the dirty tank and then shake the tank about.  The
> chain does the work of the gravel, nuts and bolts, but being heavier
> probably is more efficient at this task.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:08:21 -0700
From: "Faure, Marin" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: Re: Time Crunch

Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:47:15 -0600
From: "William J. Rice" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: Time Crunch

>>Marin said, "The problem is time.  I don't have any for anything outside
of what
I'm already doing."

>. . . which apparently is spending hours and hours every day writing
verbose posts to this list :- )

No, I'm a really fast writer.  The longest posts I've written took about 
ten minutes to whack out.
___________________________
C. Marin Faure
  (original owner)
  1973 Land Rover Series III-88
  1991 Range Rover Vogue SE
  Seattle

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:11:46 -0700
From: "Faure, Marin" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: Re: The Land-Rover Bodied Bastard

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:52:59 +1200
From: "Macka" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: Re: Re: The Land-Rover Bodied Bastard

>Yawn..... Spoken like a true old coozer with a gigantic chip on his shoulder.....
>I suppose you walked barefoot to school thru a snow covered minefield as
well?

If your life's boring don't come whining to me.  As to walking barefoot 
through the snow to school, that was my parents, not me.
___________________________
C. Marin Faure
  (original owner)
  1973 Land Rover Series III-88
  1991 Range Rover Vogue SE
  Seattle

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:02:12 -0400
From: Keith Tanner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Anyone tape the Cubs/Expos game last Thursday? ***no LR  content***

If the Expos were playing the Cubs, I'd expect them to be playing baseball. 
But you never know.

Keith Tanner

At 12:56 10/04/2001 -0300, John Cranfield wrote:
>What sort of a game was that then?
>John and Muddy
>
>Chris Oles wrote:
> >
> > Played hookie from work last Thursday and went to the game.  A freind of a
> > friend that was there with me has said that we're on TV.  Did anyone on 
> this
> > list happen to record the game?  I'd love to get a copy of it and will
> > reimburse any expense needed to get this forwared to me.  Drop me a note
> > off-line if you can help!  Sorry for the bandwidth!
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Chris
> > _________________________________________________________________
> > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:09:00 -0700
From: SJH <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: LRO: Land rover bodied tedium

No.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any attachments to it are   
intended for use only by the addressee(s), and may contain privileged or   
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please   
terminate your existence with extreme prejudice.

 -----Original Message-----
From:	Steve Mace [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Tuesday, April 10, 2001 3:51 PM
To:	[email-masked]; [email-masked]; SJH;   
[email-masked]
Subject:	RE: LRO: Land rover bodied tedium

Will you reimburse the cost of the phone call (from the UK)?

> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any attachments to it are
> > intended for use only by the addressee(s), and may contain privileged   
or
> > confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you   
are
> > not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message or   
any
> > attachments to it, or to take any action based on them.  If you have
> > received this message in error, please notify me immediately by   
telephone
> > at (503) 223-4131, and permanently delete the original and any copy   
of
> > this message.

Steve

1972 SIII LtWt Green
1993 D90 Red
 -------------------------------------
Name: Dr Steve Mace
E-mail: [email-masked]
www: http://www.solwise.co.uk
Tel: 0845 458 4558 (local rate)
Fax: 0845 458 4559
Intl. Fax. +44 1482 621877
 -------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:18:25 -0600
From: Ivan Van Laningham <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Anyone tape the Cubs/Expos game last Thursday?  ***no LR  content***

Hi All--

John Cranfield wrote:
> 
> What sort of a game was that then?
> John and Muddy
> 
> Chris Oles wrote:
> >
> > Played hookie from work last Thursday and went to the game.

Hmmm, I'm not sure either, but whatever kind it was I think the Cubs
were supposed to lose.

<a-dying-cub-fan's-last-request>-ly y'rs,
Ivan;-)

PS:  Hey, Chris, you live in Chicago????
- ----------------------------------------------
Ivan Van Laningham
Symantec
http://www.pauahtun.org 
http://www.foretec.com/python/workshops/1998-11/proceedings.html
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:21:28 -0700
From: "Faure, Marin" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: Re: What is LR ownership about

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:04:10 +1200
From: "Macka" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: Re: What is LR ownership about (was LR-bodied bastard)

>Jeeez, Marin, you actually found something in ol NZ that you liked while you
were down in our country......

That was about the only thing, though.  No, wait, the maritime museum in Auckland 
was terrific.

>I am saddened that it was tarnished with the moronic idiotic youths you met
tho....

It was no worse than most of the other places we've been.

>Guess now you'll never come back .... what a tragedy!!

I doubt it. We've got some filming assignments in Australia 
over the next couple of years, and from everyone I've talked to 
who's been there, that's the really cool place to visit.  New Zealand 
wasn't any different than being here in the northwest.  You take fourteen 
hours worth of airplane rides to end up in the same kind of place you left.  
Everyone on my crew thought Auckland was no different from Seattle, only 
about 30 years back in time (which, given the current condition of Seattle 
is a really good thing for you).  We drove all over the north island, and it 
was just like the Pacific Northwest only with tree ferns and sheep.  Nice, 
but nothing new.
___________________________
C. Marin Faure
  (original owner)
  1973 Land Rover Series III-88
  1991 Range Rover Vogue SE
  Seattle

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:29:24 -0400
From: "Alex Maiolo" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Oh, the humanity!

You know, indeed they do. I went down to our local Brit Car Concern and
purchased me one today. Had a spare in the back. Is $129 a good deal? I
figure they are naturally more than the 4-knocker models.

- -Alex Maiolo
Chapel Hill NC
- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: LRO: Oh, the humanity!

>
> Anybody know if Pertronix makes a V8 rig?
>
> Most definitely.
>
>                ajr
>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:18:00 -0700
From: SJH <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: simple powder coating question

	I've removed my seat bases for the middle row seats on my 109 and   
removed the seat cushions.  I had planned to repaint the bases, but have   
decided to have them sandblasted, since the paint is fairly thick and   
chipped.  A lot of the blasters here advertise powdercoating.  Does   
powder coating tend to be brittle, or is it fairly resilient/flexible?   
 Given its baked on, I'd formed the impression its brittle, but I could   
be absolutely wrong. I fold the seats up and throw gear and firewood in   
the back frequently, so they will be getting some abuse, but not much.   
I'll skip powdercoating if I get the impression it will chip and rust   
underneath, etc, as painting is easier to re-do in the distant future.

Simon

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:26:22 -0700
From: "Lonn & Rhonda" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: RE: Re: Series Fuel tanks

Yes Mark, you will need to remove the
breakable/bendable/costly-to-replace components from the tank prior to
shaking a heavy chain about in it.  Chain works best.  Expect a
thorough workout of your upper body.

Lonn

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Pilkington" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: LRO: RE: Re: Series Fuel tanks

> How come the insertion of gravel/glass/chains into my fuel tanks and
the
> subsequent vigorous shaking does not break off the tube that sucks
the fuel up
> and out of the tank.  I assume that there is a tube hanging down
inside the tank
> because I have a Chevy 327 V8 in the vehicle and the fuel pump is a
"sucker"
> stuck to the side of the engine.  Anyone have any experience with
the internal
> construction of these Series tanks.  Do I have to remove the sender
guage float
> for example etc etc?  All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all
for the
> information you have supplied already on this subject.  It is all of
great
> interest.
> Kind regards,
> Mark Pilkington
>
> "Tackley, John" wrote:
>
> > Marin commented:
> > "If you simply want to remove the dirt and debris on the inside, I
suppose a
> >
> > strong solvent would be the way to go.  Or you could dump in some
coarse
> > gravel
> > and rattle that around in there for awhile to loosen the scale and
whatnot
> > first.  "
> > ___________________________
> >
> > CREEM (available at MC shops and online at MC supply houses,for
sealing
> > leaking gas tanks) in its prep instructions suggests a length of
heavy chain
> > (18") be inserted into the dirty tank and then shake the tank
about.  The
> > chain does the work of the gravel, nuts and bolts, but being
heavier
> > probably is more efficient at this task.
>
>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:30:38 +0100
From: "John Leah" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: The Boss...

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0C1DB.93A497D0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"

My bosses boss, one very senior person, just dropped into my office. He
doesn't make house calls often and when he does it's usually bad. "John",
said the man on nodding terms with God "I need some help..." A phrase which
injects fear into all at whom it's directed and guarantees much grief and
burning of midnight oil. "...yes John, would you help me choose a Land
Rover" He wants one to 'take the dogs out' - this has promise!

John

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0C1DB.93A497D0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version =
5.5.2654.24">
<TITLE>The Boss...</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My bosses boss, one very senior person, just dropped =
into my office. He doesn't make house calls often and when he does it's =
usually bad. &quot;John&quot;, said the man on nodding terms with God =
&quot;I need some help...&quot; A phrase which injects fear into all at =
whom it's directed and guarantees much grief and burning of midnight =
oil. &quot;...yes John, would you help me choose a Land Rover&quot; He =
wants one to 'take the dogs out' - this has promise!</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>John</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0C1DB.93A497D0--

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:39:34 -0400
From: "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: RE: Re: Series Fuel tanks

You take out all the nasty dangly bits from the tank - this way they don't
get beaten up by the vigour of the cleaning process.

If you feel the need to stay dry a bit of duct tape would serve the
purpose...

As far as the internal construction - there isn't any. No baffles, ducts or
anything else - just a big hollow box with a drain plug in the bottom.

               ajr

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:46:04 -0400
From: "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: Oh, the humanity!

Is $129 a good deal? I
figure they are naturally more than the 4-knocker models.

Er...no....8*)

Seriously, only difference was the baseplate and 8 magnets instead of 4 in
the rotor.

Can you say serious markup? Paid $79 for the last v8 one I bought.....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.. -ajr

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:48:23 -0400
From: "Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: LRO: simple powder coating question

Considering it's done to wheels and the like and is considered a durable
finish I'd definitely powdercoat 'em. Only time I've ever seen powdercoat
in failure in a big way was the light guards on my old 84 Rangie (and the
grille and the bumper...).

          ajr

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:00:43 -0700
From: Paul Quin <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: RE: The Boss...

Nortel eh?

He's not one of the bosses that sold a ton of Nortel shares recently, is
he??  

I don't know if I'd get too close to one of those...  =8-0

Paul in Victoria.

	-----Original Message-----

	My bosses boss, one very senior person, just dropped into my office.
He doesn't make house calls often and when he does it's usually bad. "John",
said the man on nodding terms with God "I need some help..." A phrase which
injects fear into all at whom it's directed and guarantees much grief and
burning of midnight oil. "...yes John, would you help me choose a Land
Rover" He wants one to 'take the dogs out' - this has promise!

	John 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:10:32 -0400
From: "Jean-Leon Morin" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: Re: The Boss...

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

- ------=_NextPart_000_00D4_01C0C1BF.9F5165C0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The Boss...If this is your boss's boss I would highly recommend an =
engineless basket case series one. Hey, a nervous breakdown =
automatically shoots you up a rung in the ladder!

J-L

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Leah=20
  To: LRO@land-rover. Team. Net (E-mail)=20
  Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 12:30 PM
  Subject: LRO: The Boss...

  My bosses boss, one very senior person, just dropped into my office. =
He doesn't make house calls often and when he does it's usually bad. =
"John", said the man on nodding terms with God "I need some help..." A =
phrase which injects fear into all at whom it's directed and guarantees =
much grief and burning of midnight oil. "...yes John, would you help me =
choose a Land Rover" He wants one to 'take the dogs out' - this has =
promise!

  John=20

- ------=_NextPart_000_00D4_01C0C1BF.9F5165C0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>The Boss...</TITLE>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If this is your boss's boss I would =
highly=20
recommend an engineless basket case series one. Hey, a nervous breakdown =

automatically shoots you up a rung in the ladder!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>J-L</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: =
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
title=[email-masked]>John=20
  Leah</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:LRO@land-rover. Team. Net (E-mail)"=20
  title=[email-masked]>LRO@land-rover. Team. Net (E-mail)</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, April 10, 2001 =
12:30=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> LRO: The Boss...</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P><FONT size=3D2>My bosses boss, one very senior person, just dropped =
into my=20
  office. He doesn't make house calls often and when he does it's =
usually bad.=20
  "John", said the man on nodding terms with God "I need some help..." A =
phrase=20
  which injects fear into all at whom it's directed and guarantees much =
grief=20
  and burning of midnight oil. "...yes John, would you help me choose a =
Land=20
  Rover" He wants one to 'take the dogs out' - this has =
promise!</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT size=3D2>John</FONT> </P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_00D4_01C0C1BF.9F5165C0--

------------------------------

End of LRO Mailing List DIGEST * * * * V1 #325
**********************************************