LRO: relay knock found?

From: joe mulqueen (joemulqueen@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 21:32:45 EDT

    Well,
    I loosened my new relay's well torqued top cross
    mounting bolts and I think I've confirmed the knocking
    sound (that was heard only under higher driving
    forces) is coming from the relay shifting in the frame
    at the bottom end. I never disturbed the lower
    retainer ring when I installed the new relay. It's
    always been tight but now apparently not securing the
    relay. Does anyone know how it's supposed to work? I
    had simply pushed in the new relay until the top cross
    bolts had aligned with the frame tabs and thought I
    was done. Something needs to "shimmed" in this lower
    region of the frame hole to prevent the new relay from
    shifting...someone had mentioned someone who had
    designed a "sleeve"?
    Thanks for any experiences,
    Joe Mulqueen
    '67 SIIA 109 SW