LRO: What is LR ownership about (was LR-bodied bastard)

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 21:10:19 EDT

    Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:18:04 +0100
    From: "Neil Brownlee" <metalthrasher@metalthrasher.screaming.net>
    Subject: LRO: Re: Re: Land Rover Bodied Bastard

    >Can we please STOP THIS THREAD. Someone is going to get offended.
    Marin's comment about children offended me...A LOT. Even if people are jesting, it's
    just not right, this is not what Land Rover ownership is about.

    And, what, pray tell, IS Land Rover ownership about? I don't recall
    anything in my SIII owners manual describing that, and I know there's
    no section in the factory service manual covering ownership. So how
    would you define it? That's not a challenge or snide comeback; I'd be interested
    to know just what you (and anyone else who wants to comment) think owning
    a Land Rover means. Any Series Land Rover- stock, accessorized to the max,
    hybrid, any of them. I know what it means to me, what does it mean to you?

    >Please, can we just cease this thread?

    And all "just get along?" Sounds kind of boring....

    PS. I'm curious about your e-mail address. "metalthrasher.screaming" doesn't seem
    to jibe with a post containing a degree of sensitivity. Or does it refer to an industry?
    When we filmed in New Zealand a couple of years ago, we got a kick out of the term
    used there (and other places we found out) for auto body repair shops. They're called
    "panel beaters." That's great, it should become the universal term. Much better than
    "body shop."

    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88