Re: Re LRO: crap crap crap

From: christian147@juno.com
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 22:36:24 EDT

    >Not sure of the procedures for checking the dwell. Have a good fluke,
    but
    >not sure where the manual is. Also don't know what the dwell spec is.

    Peter, Dwell meters are getting rare. If your Fluke has Duty Cycle you
    are in business. on a four cylinder 90 deg dwell = 100% duty cycle, so
    the conversion is straight forward.

    If you can change point gap by gently wiggling the dist. shaft it needs
    rebushed. Checking point gap like you described would find a bent shaft
    but might not find worn bushes.

    I have changed a fare number of optical triggers but can't remember a
    single hall effect sensor going bad. That would make them the most
    reliable sensor in my study group. I avoid optical triggers except on
    model trains.

    The carb really sounds like you have no fuel flowing in the idle circuit,
     Try loosing the idle jet and see if you can close the throttle some more
    with it stalling. If so you have a clogged idle jet. If you have a
    anti-diesel solenoid on your idle jet make sure you get a good solid
    click when it energizes.

    Chris hall