Re: LRO: Re: amazing Landrover

From: Jeff Gauvin (jeffg@lsil.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 16:16:56 EDT

    >Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 22:55:04 -0700
    >From: "Jim Hall" <jimfoo@qwest.net>
    >Subject: Re: LRO: Re: amazing Landrover
    >
    >Well, I got video of some of the twist off. My battery died before the
    >competition was over. Unfortunately, Timm didn't make it either, so it
    >was all D-90's. Funny part is the one that seemed to do the best on the
    >"obstacle course" which was a section of 21 road, was the most stock.

    "Most Stock" Eh? Well, maybe, but that ain't saying much!

    Vehicle - 1995 Defender 90 (originally a soft top)
    Modifications
    Custom paint
    Custom hard top
    4 point internal roll cage
    Custom made chassis, with off road protection items built in, and then
    galvanized (Maine winters you know)
    300 Tdi (turbo diesel) engine with a Phase 2 intercooler, custom fueling
    and custom set up injection pump
    R380 5 speed gearbox
    LT230 1.4 transfer case
    Underdrive
    4.11 ring and pinions
    35" Super Swamper Radials
    Defender 130 steel wheels
    ARB lockers front and rear
    30 spline rear axles
    24 spline HD front axles, with modified 1 ton CV joints
    Modifed ARB front bumper
    Warn HS9500 winch
    Modifed Safari Gard Stage III suspension with modifed 3 link
    Aux. lights, raised breathers, intake, recovery points, engine driven
    compressor, tie rod guard, HD drag link, etc.

    --
    Jeff Gauvin
    '94 D90