Re: LRO: Dizzy repair (was crap, crap, crap)

From: Todd Ondick (greylildogs@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 11:13:36 EDT

    >Might be a good time to go to a Crane or the like electronic points
    >replacement. the Cranes optical shutter doesn't mind a bit of shaft
    >wobble.
    >Jim

    Yeah, I've heard the same thing about the pertronix from Bill at GBR. What
    are the pros/cons between optical and magnetic ignition systems?
    Any serious concerns w/ field repair, longevity, or conversion back to
    points?
    regards,
    -todd

    BTW-I'm not concerned about my land rover's identity as it is no longer a
    "land rover". It already sports an MG starter and parabolics. oh, and a new
    frame.