LRO: RE: Exhaust manifold differences SIIa/SIII?

From: Keith Elliott (kelliott@agrasystems.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 08:50:51 EDT

    Hi Keith

       It is my understanding that this is called a heat riser valve (i could be
    wrong here) and yes it allows heat to rise and warm the intake. There was
    one on my Series II as well when I got it and I replaced it for the exact
    same reason as you. I do have icing problems with my solex but I don't know
    if it is because I don't have the heat riser valve on the new manifold or
    not. I'm switching to a Weber so hopefully that will do away with my
    problem. I would say change it and see how it goes.

    Keith