LRO: Re: Nanker Phelg

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 16:01:37 EDT

    It appears the Phelg comes from an early hanger on with the last name of
    Phelg. According to him, the Nanker part was a name they had for something
    like making a face. Apparently Phelg was a friend of Charlie Watts but not
    particularly liked by the rest of the band. I guess Nanker Phelp was the
    Stones (Jagger's amd Richard's way to get even) choice as a name for their
    publishing company not the tunesmith who penned the song. I'd have to dig
    back in my staff it looked Nanker Phelg was the writer, however.

    Mahalo for getting back to me.

    Aloha
    Peter