LRO: crap crap crap

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 16:37:32 EDT

    32/34dmtl kit showed up today. Got it all put together.
    Pulled the old 34ich and intake off and cleaned everything up for the new
    mainifold. The 2.5 is designed to bolt to the exhaust just like the 2.25,
    bonus I figure.
    Nope, POS has a larger bolt pattern. Would have to remove large amounts of
    aluminium to be able to bolt a flat plat to the top of the exhaust and still
    be able to fit the intake, like about 3/8-1/2 inch. Or I could drill new
    holes in the intake. EIther way, it's a bodge an a half.
    So just went ahead and cleaned up the 2.25 intake, replaced all the gaskets
    and put it back on. I removed everyfitting from the intake and carb and
    plugged em up. No vacuum leaks anywhere. Drove around the block, ran
    great. Had the mixture screw at 2 turns, idle at 2-1/2. Shut down. Got my
    wallet to go get some fuel. Started, but wouldn't keep an idel...step on
    the gas and it dies. Aaargh. Screw the idle screw in about 5 full turns
    and it almost stays running. Stalls out at lights, but accelerates fine.
    f-ing POS...hahahaha
    Ahhwell, guess its time for a pierce and a 32/36dvg or the ACR intake with
    the SU setup. They recomend it with their head and cam, so might as well
    order everything from one place. Pretty strange to see a side draft in a
    series though.
    Pete