Re: LRO: Re: Re: The Land-Rover Bodied Bastard

From: Michael Hatton (mhatton@compt.com)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 01:46:37 EDT

    J-L
    Marin did not win, he never won, he only belongs to this mailing list to read
    his own diatribes as truth.He and his type are the reason most of the shit that
    happens today does. As cynical as I maybe, I am aware of its destructiveness.
    He does bring up a good point tho, don't listen to anyone else's opinion!
    If I buy a Honda, put on over sized muffler crap, and supersized air wing things
    on it and decide to call it a "Land Rover" Then it damn well IS! If my friends
    say it is one too, all the more to me, if OVLR says it is one too even better!
    If I convince Land Rover UK that is, then Marin will have to say that I have a
    Land Rover too - bwahahahahahahah...hahahaha

    Michael "punk/fart" Hatton

    Jean-Leon Morin wrote:

    > > >After all, once I'm done, I'll be able to say that even with a simple
    > body
    > > left, I'll still have more rover in my ford than you have in that restored
    > > beauty of yours.
    > >
    > > Let's see....You have a vehicle that has a Land Rover body but a different
    > > engine, drivetrain, frame, etc., etc., etc. The other guy has a restored
    > > stock Land Rover in perfect condition. But you claim your vehicle
    > > is more a Land Rover than his. I'd love to know what you've been
    > > smoking (or injecting) to come up with that logic, as it sounds like
    > > something that could get me through my workday a hell of a lot easier.
    >
    > Marin, I am tiring of this debate. We are obviously not getting anywhere. I
    > personally thought I might gain something by discussing this with you, but I
    > am not gaining anything. You are right, I know that. Technically, of course
    > you are right. You were right all along. We all know that.
    >
    > But life is not technical. Those who dwell on technicalities waste their
    > lives. Life is color, not numbers. In the end, I know I am right, and that's
    > all that matters to me. I have spent an enormous amount of time reading your
    > replies in the last little while, but I regret it now, as I have not
    > profited from them at all, other than reinforcing my desire to continue
    > modifying rovers to suit my needs, instead of paying homage to a vehicle.
    >
    > Marin, I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way, didn't mean to do it.
    > Your aggressive attacks on young people did get to me a bit, not because I
    > feel singled out, but they reinforce the notion that I will have to prepare
    > myself in order to deal with you when I enter the real workforce. I forgive
    > you as you obviously have never come into contact with smart young people,
    > and I feel sorry for you. It must be hell living when you think everything
    > you do is to benefit a generation that is without value.
    >
    > I am now wondering if this whole debate thing was simply a contest, to see
    > who would come out winning. To see if the restoration crowd would be able to
    > shut up the kids and their damn new ideas. If you are so petty as to think
    > the point of a debate is to crown a winner, if it takes this to make you
    > feel better, you win. You won.
    >
    > You won the round, and you are winning the race at keeping your precious
    > little Land-Rover hobby away from the kids. The real truth is, I'm twenty.
    > This is my first Land-Rover, not my last. I will have many more. By trying
    > to alienate all newcomers, you are assuring that the numbers of enthusiasts
    > will dwindle. Junk trucks will stay in fields, as no one will want to
    > rebuild them, because they think all Land-Rovers have to be bone stock. They
    > will never have the chance to modify an old vehicle because they'll always
    > have some old person telling them that by cutting up a rotted out old junk
    > III, they are destroying history. They will tire of all this crap, and move
> [...]

    Can you say Flame Bait........... heh

    oooh err, too many bottles of wine tonight