LRO: ROVER SIGHTING

From: Rich Williams II (richw@nwlink.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 16:31:17 EDT

    So I break out of the office for a quick bite of lunch and there was a fantastic sight.

    Parked in an office parking lot (around 11:30am) in Bellevue, Washington USA was a white Series IIa 109 Station Wagon. The whole thing was white; sun shield, body, galvy. Black full length roof rack with ladder, old Warn winch on a black front bumper with black bumperettes, FWH, overdrive (of course I pulled over and looked around for a minute or two). Looks like it spent some time on the east coast as it had an Appalachian Mountain Club sticker in a back window. Oh, it also had a rear window wiper unit. Was that a factory option?

    Anyway, it looked like a great truck. Just makes me want to get my 109 on the road that much faster. Sigh......

    So does this ring a bell with anyone out there? I'd like to know if this owner is local or not - it did have Washington plates.

    Rich
    SII 109 SW