LRO: Re: Frank Elson, The Quest for Tunesmiths

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 16:05:12 EDT

    Frank Elson

    Since most of the music I like is as old as my rovers, have a question for
    you. I was going through my old vinyl records of the Stones and kept coming
    across Nanker Phelg as the writer of many of their early songs. Was there a
    guy named Nanker Phelg (did his parents hate him) or are these the last
    names of two people?? They wrote many of the Stones best songs but I've
    never heard anything about them, either then or now. Can you enlighten
    me???

    Aloha
    Peter