Re: LRO: Vehicle identification needed

From: Ivan Van Laningham (ivanlan@pauahtun.org)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 13:26:01 EDT

    Hi All--

    Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus wrote:

    > Cool - what looks like an old SWB Rover.
    >
    > Definitely not one of the Aussie Army jobs - must have been civilian.

    OK. The picture was taken mid-1970. Thus, the latest date for the
    vehicle would have been 1969, which would be SIIa. What's the earliest
    date? Since it looks about like it's been painted with house paint, I'd
    hesitate to date it that late. But of course, I've got no experience
    identifying LRs. Sigh.

    <hoping-to-learn>,
    Ivan
    Ivan Van Laningham