LRO: Mercedes

From: Coates, Clinton (CCoates@golder.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 11:42:16 EDT

    Welcome to the wonderful world of mercedes! The mid-late 60s cars are
    pretty nice, though I would want to check around for rust a little bit.

    Email me backchannel and I can set you up with a few good parts sources (are
    you in the US or Canada?). Parts are not generally expensive, except for
    the odd surprise. And (lr content here), Mercedes seems to be the only other
    company I am aware of other than land rover that does not abandon its
    classic owners. You will find that if you need, to, you can walk into a
    dealership with your VIN and get them to order you a brand new key to fit
    the lock. Try that with a 1966 Chevy...

    Find a good MB, non dealer mechanic you trust and you will be well on your
    way.

    Clinton