LRO: RE: Don't read this if all you are interested in is Land Rovers.

From: Paul Gussack (Paul@AVscope.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 08:44:17 EDT

    Marin

    Alright Marin, We do have common ground.

    "The thing that gets results in government is greed.
    Same as outside the government. Greed is a short-term catalyst. "I want
    it now." Which brings me back to my original point, which is that more and
    more decisions are being made with less and less thought to the long-term
    consequences. Age has nothing to do with this, by the way."

    Don't tell me you support election finance reform.

    Please don't misinterpret my statement about complaining to the list.
    Discussing issues that are oblique to the list is important. We (those on
    the list) have other issues and interests (reluctantly, I assure you)
    besides LR's.

    I suppose though I may not completely agree with your statements, knee
    jerking can go both ways.

    I do not in any way, shape, or form support violent and destructive methods
    of gaining attention to issues. I think the Eco-terrorists are as bad as
    those who blindly continue practices that are destructive. The WTO riots in
    Seattle sicken me. What should have been a thought provoking look at issues
    was sodden by actions brought on by low life's interested in vandalism and
    barbaric behavior.

    There is another thing that makes me sick and that's posturing by people in
    places of authority who don't give a tic turd for those who work with them
    or the community they are in. We are an ignorant people and only take action
    when we see our children dieing or our profit margins shrinking from
    decreased sales from customers dropping dead.

    I do work with several gov't and large corporations (contract basis) and see
    what wholesale "reorganization" can do to people. I've witnessed two major
    shakeups that have cause hundreds of people to lose their jobs. Bottom line,
    those at the top who pretend to take responsibility for their actions are
    still employed with safe financial futures and many people with years
    invested are stuck, scrambling for some safe work. It's not an issue of
    outsiders causing people to lose their jobs but poor management with a lack
    of vision and education (MBA's are not the only qualification for
    leadership).

    What I hope is that you do not limit yourself to this forum in making your
    opinions known. You are eloquent and intelligent (though I'm sure CARNIVORE
    regularly monitors this list for subversive behavior) you need to make your
    opinions known to those in authority. We put them there, make them work for
    it.