Re: LRO: Re: Wasted youth (was parts availability, etc.)

From: N Forbes (forbesn@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 08:52:28 EDT

    >Um, fair point, however it doesn't mean or prove anything. Your sample
    >is tiny (given the history of the Earth), and only spans the era when
    >testing has been possible, so we have no way of knowing whether ozone
    >depletion and warming isn't cyclical, or whether it isn't perhaps
    >declining in the long term (one or two millennia).

    That's an awfully optimistic stance with rather extreme consequences if
    you're wrong.

    The fact is, the atmoshere IS going sour, sea levels ARE rising, water and
    energy ARE running low, and more and more people seem to be suffering from
    respiratory and chemical sensetivity problems. The cause doesn't really
    matter as the outcome will be the same for us.

    Niall Forbes
    66 IIa 88SW - The Red Zit
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    The Nova Scotian Rover - http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/forbes/intro.htm