Re: LRO: Re: Real Rovers

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 17:28:32 EDT

    Or you could show the "Kid" Terriann's Landrover and explain what has been done to it.
    I was at a British Classic Car show a year or so ago and the most stunning MGB GT drove
    in. The engine purred and the paint glistened as if it were wet. It had a comfortable
    new interior in it and a lot of money had been spent on it. Once it stopped in it's place
    on the grass under the sun and the owner got out, a small crowd gathered with me amongst
    them to behold this thing of beauty. The owner proudly popped open the hood and there lay
    a Toyota V6 perfectly installed. As he turned to expound upon it, there was no-one there,
    only the distant cry of a hawk and a tumbleweed... you get the picture!! I was amazed at
    the reaction, but the others were purists who had painstakingly restored their cars back
    to their original timelessness. The GT was a very practical daily driver that could get
    out there and wrestle with the best of them on the freeway. Each to their own I say. It
    will be interesting to see what happens when I turn up to a show with mud all over my 67
    SWB and a Chevy V8 that has been reluctantly shoehorned under the hood. Rumbling like an
    AC Cobra because it only has two cherry bombs and no muffler!!!!!