LRO: Re: LRO Mailing List DIGEST * * * * V1 #310

From: Peter Halt (pshalt@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 21:39:36 EDT

    First I would like to thank Alan Richer for all his
    help with my basic newbie Rover problems that I wanted
    to spare this list, which was occupied with far more
    important matters : ). He will be happy to know that
    my 64IIa is happily tooling around Boston after 3
    deliveries from DAP (one day by UPS to Boston!).
    New clutch pedal & bracket (well probably only 25
    years old as opposed to 36) and new lines, fittings to
    clutch and brake master cylinders and a new clutch
    slave. Clutch feels like a knife through butter.

    Now on to more important matters. Marin, no
    disrespect intended, as you seem like an articulate
    and thoughtful guy.
    But where do you live and hang out that you meet all
    these moronic young people? Maybe I have been in an
    academic setting for too long, but I can introduce you
    to 50 people between 18 and 30 that are educated, open
    minded, multilingual and multi-talented. Almost all
    of them love my Rover by the way. Although admittedly,
    they prefer my girl's Boxter.
    I have met plenty of people 40-80 who couldn't tell
    you how power is generated or point to New Zealand on
    a globe. And plenty of them will think I am wasting my
    time on an old truck when I could buy a perfectly nice
    Ford Escort.
    In any cross section of humanity, you are going to
    have a bell shaped curve of intelligence. 20 percent
    of the Harvard MDs I know are idiots, across all ages.
    And there are a few idiots on this small list, as well
    as a few extraordinary minds. Maybe you should
    lighten up a bit and admit that it sucks getting old
    and cranky, and accept some of the positive energy
    from a few of the younger members of this list (not
    me) as a sign of hope for the future of humanity.

    Regards,
    Peter Halt
    64IIa 88"
    and thanks again everyone for their Rover related
    advice. Why don't you all stick with what you're good
    at, or at least have another stout and relax a bit?