LRO: Re: LR drive or destination?

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 16:52:35 EDT

    > > > Show
    > >a kid in the UK a perfectly preserved Series I, and he or she will probably
    > >say, "What a brilliant machine." Show the same Series I to a kid in the
    > >US and the reaction will be, "Hey, let's see if we can fit a Ford V-8 in
    > >there."
    >
    > >Funny, I wonder what the parents of the kids who were hot-rodding in the
    >50's and 60's said about their ideas? :)
    >
    >"Stupid bastards. Ruining a perfectly good '32 Chevy."

    Exactly. The old farts of today - who used to be those hodrodding youth -
    are saying the same thing that their parents did. Maybe the youth of today
    are not so different.... :)

    To me, a different engine in a Land Rover is a modified Land Rover. It's
    the same chassis, same body (basically). Once you have to start using tube
    frames, you're building a new vehicle. My Land Rover will be keeping the
    stock engine but I shall use whatever parts seem appropriate for it to
    continue as a viable vehicle.

    Keith