Re: LRO: TV Sighting

From: Frank Elson (frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 17:35:11 EDT

    Tate wrote: <<<> Speaking of which, have you guys seen the Miller Lite
    commercial of the "first person" profile view of a Rangie in a driveway,
    with the bottom line being "despite its capabilities, this person/vehicle
    will never go offroad. Real men drive trucks. If you drive a Range Rover,
    you might as well wear a dress." I didn't like it much. <<<

    but it got you mentioning the product on the list...
    In the UK we had a spate of ads like this a few years ago, based on the fact
    that there is no such thing as bad publicity. The beer company gets its
    coverage whatever, even if people are having a go. However, note what I just
    wrote: 'beer company' I didn't give them the publicity they were looking
    for.
     So you could have written:
    >>>Speaking of which, have you guys seen a commercial of the "first person"
    profile...etc etc <<<
    which would have got your point over about being pissed at them, but without
    giving them the publicity.

    Best Cheers

    Frank
         "(o)======(o)" Bronze Green 110 CSW