LRO: RE: TV Sighting and Re: Tractors

From: Matt Peckham (matt@onexchange.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 09:15:13 EDT

    This is a combo one. Been watching a lot of Speedvision lately... Sunday
    morning, a commercial for British Leyland came on.

    It was at least 20 years old. A blue Leyland tractor was pulling a bull out
    of a pond, once he got him out of the pond, the bull took off, so the farmer
    jumped into his tan Series III with khaki soft top and was chasing the bull
    around the farm. Nothing to make a Rover look fast like a big bull. One
    shot of the the driver hanging out the door with a big LEYLAND plaque on the
    front of the doortop. He jumps over a berm that screams "don't try this at
    home".

    For the life of me, I can't remember the tagline.

    Anyway, it was way cool for this American who's never seen a TV commercial
    for a Series vehicle...

    Matt