LRO: Re: LRs in WWII movies

From: Alex Maiolo (Rovernut@nc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 21:56:02 EDT

    I doubt it was in "Ryan."
    No matter what you think of the movie, it was historically pretty dead on
    concerning not only uniform details, but *non* uniform details - e.g.
    modifications and liberties taken by both sides.
    Sure, a few German units were represented in areas they should have been 30
    miles away from, but instead of just slapping some Iron Crosses on some
    Pershing tanks like they did in the abysmally detail impaired "Battle of the
    Bulge", they found actual working Tigers, which are as rare as rocking horse
    sh*t.
    I can't think of any WWII movie that's been lame enough to use a Land Rover,
    although I have seen quite a few with much later issue jeeps.

    "V" for victory,
    -A