Re: [lro] Series wheel spacers?

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 02:20:55 EDT

    On 4/14/03 4:25 PM, "Todd Vess" <toddvess@comcast.net> wrote:

    > I purchased a set of brand new Defender rims and tires (steel ones) whilst
    > in England and they fit my SIII 109 just fine, so I would imagine the
    > pattern is the same. Let me know what you find out, as I'd be interested in
    > fitting some spacers to my 1972 SIII as well. I'll need longer lug bolts,
    > though. The Defender rims are about a 1/8-inch thicker than the stock ones.

    The spacers may not fit if the coiler models they are made for are the:
    Disco II, P38 RR or Freelander. Those models strayed from the classic LR
    bolt pattern and went to a smaller 5 bolt circle.

    If you want your tires to be farther outboard, you could always try the
    steel wheels that are spec'd for the NAS 110. They "shift" the rubber
    farther out than the series steel wheels, and no need for spacer, and your
    lugnuts may work. I can supple the numbers stamped on the wheel if
    necessary.

    .02

    --pat