Re: [lro] Salisbury Axles and finding TDC...

From: John Cranfield (john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 11:39:08 EDT

    Theres no problem in using the D60 cover on the rear except they are
    usually not as strong but that wouldn't matter if you are using the diff
    guard.
    If the timing marks are on the front then 1 and 4 will be a tdc by the
    mark. then 2 and 3 will be at 180 degrees.
    Also for a close measure you can pull out the plugs and with a drinking
    straw feel through the plug hole when the piston reaches the top. This
    will not be 100% accurate as the crank goes through a few degress of
    turn, when the piston is at the top, when you cannot feel the piston
    move.
    From the state of the plugs it sounds like you are running rich and may
    have oil consumption problems too.
    John and Muddy