Re: [lro] Diesel Swap (was Forward control question)

From: Gbrovers@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 11:25:51 EST

    In a message dated 2/10/03 3:19:12 AM, frank.elson@ntlworld.com writes:

    << They say the

    > Series axles and gearbox are not strong enough. >>

        Get stronger ones then at least the axle part. Upgraded aftermarket ones
    can far exceed the durability of anything the factory put on a coiler.
        A quick note on the VW diesels, they are a very popular choice of engines
    for the Suzuki Samari crowd, although I don't know if they are using the
    turbo version but I suspect both are being used since there weren't that many
    turbo's sold in the USA. A disclaimer is that Samari's are much lighter than
    Series Rovers (I think).

    Bill
    GBR