Re: [lro] Still allowed on the list?

From: Isaac Fain (isaacfain@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 14:41:34 EST

    Amen, Bryan. my abs pump burned itself up on saturday, luckily just after
    pulling off the trail. time now for old style brakes.

    for those of you who've relegated your poor rangie to mall duties, be sure to
    show it some dirt once in a while, eh? :) those ol woodheads enjoy a good
    stretch.

    http://community.webshots.com/image5/5/31/41/62553141eLkOSk_ph.jpg

    jeeps: i hear ya, but it's the crowd majority that I can't stand, not so much
    the vehicle. LRO's tend to be a somewhat filtered crowd, and I like that
    aspect and the quality of people that I've met enough to put up with the costs
    of maintenance.

    as far as off-roading goes - I guess I've never understood the purpose spending
    all that money to limit my fun to about 2% of the trails in the state, and
    places like Moab. I like to go off-road to be with friends, enjoy the country
    side, and the driving challenge of navigating a stock/close-to-stock vehicle.
    This is a whole different mindset than the "watch this" aspect of the jeepr
    majority, and those are the characteristics of the people that cement my
    loathing for the vehicle itself, and the reason I will never have one.

    cheers,

    isaac