Re: [lro] Vacuum Leak?

From: John Cranfield (john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 07:56:39 EST

    "John M. Baker" wrote:

    > Last night I finally figured out the linkage for the Rochester as I mentioned
    y. A few moments ago I dug out an old vacuum gauge, connected to the
    > outlet on the carb...and just about 0 registered. Accelerating moved the
    > needle upwards to mid-range, but at idle, nada. I check this out with my
    > thumb, and sure enough could not detect any vacuum. Surely there should be
    > some vacuum, so I am I correct in assuming I have an inlet leak somewhere?

    > John

    You have the gauge connected to the transfer vacuum port. This
    represents the vacuum generated by the venturi and is used for the
    vacuum advance of the distributor. What you need is the manifold vacuum
    which may require a new connection.
    John and Muddy