[lro] Grill Badges

From: Rich Williams (lndrvr1@nwlink.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 13:32:25 EST

    Hey Folks, the grill badges are in and I just sent an email to everyone and
    the list BUT that email contained to many recipients and therefore it is
    awaiting moderator approval before it hits the list so I am sending it
    again - but this time just to the list.

    Phew! The grill badges finally arrived. I got the call last Friday
    afternoon that they were done. I picked them up around 6 pm, had them ALL
    boxed and labeled by 11:30 and at the all-night post office near the airport
    by 12:30 am Saturday morning. I was the post office's last customer that
    night. I discovered that they are extremely firm about closing at 12:30.
    And I don't think they were thrilled with the nearly 100 small boxes I had
    to send, but it all worked out. That was a close one though.

    All of the badges mailed to places in the US were sent via USPS Priority
    Mail, everything else went via airmail. Hopefully some will arrive today or
    tomorrow and the rest shortly thereafter.

    I have to admit that this was a fun project. I got to hear from a lot of
    you and even got to meet a few fellow listers personally. I was impressed
    with the kindness that was shared in many notes I had received wile
    collecting orders - this LRO bunch is a great group of folks. Thanks to
    everyone for their kind words and their patience as I think this started a
    little more than three months ago.

    Also, a tip of the hat to Keith Tanner who designed the badges. They turned
    out very nicely and I think everyone will be pleased.

    Well, I think that's it.

    Happy holidays and best wishes for a great new year to you all and your
    families.

    Rich