Re: [lro] OT (sort of): Limited slip diff

From: John Cranfield (john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 08:32:21 EST

    Easton Trevor A wrote:

    > Reminds me of the tale about the engineer, the salesman and the purchasing
    > agent.
    >
    > The engineer goes through life specializing, learning more and more about
    > less and less until he knows everything about nothing.
    > The salesman generalizes until he knows nothing about everything
    > The purchasing agent through his dealings with each of these winds up
    > knowing nothing about anything.
    >
    > With apologies to any of the above on the list.

    Ah Yes... purchasing agents. Reminds me of my Tool Truck days.
    A Government organization needed five 1/2" drive impact guns for their
    vehicle repair shop. I was invited to quote and offered a good price of
    slightly over $200 per with a 2 year warrenty.
    Some weeks later I was shown the actual purchase. A box of two hundred,
    no name impact guns with an invoice price of $17.50 each. Of that 200
    only 15 actually worked from the box and 3 weeks later there were none
    operating. No warrenty!!!
    Oh how our taxes are spent!!!!
    John and Muddy