Re: [lro] An OT project with LR connection (long story)

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 12:36:56 EST

    Cut from John C.'s tale of woe:

     "Yup the water pump had croaked on the 1983 White 2-45 tractor."

    John, how do you like the White? The only Whites I've ever worked on were
    old rebadged Fiats and were a complete and total nightmare to work on due to
    the tinny and rattly construction, and for some reason, they were always
    being used as manure tractors. There is nothing quite like repairing a
    manure tractor. I've always had a deep resentment for that marque, possibly
    due to the fact that some of my tools still smell today.

    Who was the original manufacturer? What type of engine is it?

    Incredible how a simple casting, bearings and seals can add up to over 500$.

    J-L