Re: [lro] Major Surgery

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 10:09:41 EST

    > Ian writes: >>>Next time you're in the States...
    >> (You could event try to claim the whole trip as a "working trip" :)
    >> Do stories on Timm, Bill C, stalwerts like Dale & Ben Smith & Teriann,
    >> cover a wee trip into Moab, a shindig into the Rockies... Loads of
    >> opportunities :)

    Frank Elson replies
    > like it had never crossed my mind... :-(
    > just one Lottery win, that's all...

    Wot? The company wouldn't send you over to do a series on American
    Land Rovers? If they would spring for the petrol, a set of tyres and a
    few months rent on my home I would be happy to drive you about in the
    Green Rover. We could make the usual stops, Moab along with the rest
    of the four corners area, maybe mosey up the Rockies from the South end
    up through the glaciers in Canada, swing over to the Northern Great
    Lakes region, maybe stop off and say Hi to the folks in the New York
    area. The Virginia land Rover folks are great people. Then a few
    weeks West and we could try the old devil's highway which wanders along
    the US/Mexican border and has been used since Aztec times. From there
    it is only a few hundred miles to Death Valley then the Mojave trail
    through the Mojave desert. Then we could wonder on North & stop to
    visit Timm Cooper. Then back East to the Eastern side of the Sierra
    Nevadas and up to the top of the White mountains to see the oldest
    living trees in the world then North to the Mono Lake basin. I know a
    number of trails over in that area. Then maybe through Yosemite and
    back to the coast and follow it up North. Maybe continue North along
    the coast to Vancouver island then to Deneli National park.

    Are you sure you couldn't talk the magazine into footing the bill?
    Even if I promise to keep the Green Rover's wine cellar stocked with
    under $20 bottles of wine? We could also make it wine tasting trip so
    you can also sell articles to the various wine & food magazines as well.

    Of course you would have to get used to a Wolfhound occasionally
    licking your ear whilst traveling.

    Give me time to change fluids throughout the tuck, pop on a new set of
    tyres and we should be ready to put ten to fifteen thousand miles on.
    Probably best to bring a sanky trailer along for your stuff. I could
    be ready in about 2 days.

    TeriAnn J. Wakeman
    Santa Cruz, California
    twakeman@cruzers.com

    http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

    "How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
    Amelia Earhart 1898-1937