[lro] update to: no juice

From: brian girasoli (fustogrande@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 01:43:20 EST

    brian's '67 88 checking in a little brighter...

    Well, I could lie here and say that I traced every
    wire and tested each square inch of it to find a
    short...

    but in reality....

    I didn't have the wire hooked up from the negative
    terminal to the starter button. Oops! Well, as John
    Karlsson said, better that than something else.

    Thanks to all of you for your responses. Now I know
    for the next time! (although there better not be a
    next time...)

    So the next hurdle is: I don't have any lights. When I
    turn the key, the fuel gauge moves, as does the amps.
    However, only the red light (for the charge) lights
    up. The yellow light and the green one do not. The
    engine turns over (no gas, so it's not going to start)
    but the headlights don't come on, nor do the side
    lights, nor do the brake lights. Haven't tested the
    wiper blades/horn/windshield washer yet.

    Anything I should look for in particular here? I'm
    assuming testing the ground, which is a screw in back
    of the grill. Should this ground also be for the brake
    lights/signal lights too?

    any help is much appreciated. thanks!
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com