Re: [lro] Howling noise when driving

From: Mike Rogers (MikeRogers@mattishall.org.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 15:41:48 EST

    Ian Kelly wrote;
    >I would be curious if
    > anyone has any knowledge as to Her Majesty's Armed Forces treatment of
    > gearbox/transmission overhauls and why they fitted the vent to the
    gearbox.

    My experience of HM forces overhauled gearboxes (and engines) is that many
    of them are badly done by poorly motivated erks who mostly don't have a clue
    why a vent is there.

    Mike Rogers <MikeRogers@Mattishall.org.uk>
    WWW.Mattishall.org.uk
    Lightweight/Range Rover hybrid
    Keeper of the UK-LRO "Who's Where" list
    (if you can't get there in a Land Rover you can't get there)