[lro] Paint codes

From: A. P. (Sandy) Grice (apg4@pinn.net)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 10:48:32 EST

    Jason Pitcher" <jpitcher@sperryak.com> wrote:

    >I'm having tremendous difficulty sourcing paint for my old beast. I'm
    English, living in Houston, so I don't know my way around that well. I used
    "Tekloid" that I got from a LR dealer in the U.K. when I lived there, but I
    can't find anywhere that has something similar. Atlantic British and many
    other parts houses don't sell it due to federal shipping regulations, and
    I'm about to go nuts tring to find it locally.

    >What I'm looking for is a brush on paint, Bronze Green, that has a good
    finish. I'm not about to get carried away spraying, I just want to brush it
    on.

    Call around for DuPont "Dulux" alkyd enamel. Bronze green is part #38500.
    DuLux is an old-style paint suitable for 'coach' painting, though the
    jobber can add thinners and hardners depending upon spray or brush
    applications.