Re: [lro] electric winch mount

From: Peter Hope (phope@qwest.net)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 18:38:59 EST

    > weld a tray on top the bumper which would mount the winch
    > like you see 90% of them riding around, or put a 1/4" plate
    > on the vertical behind the bumper and mount the winch
    > veritically with the top pointing back at the rad. This
    > way, the winch would pull through the bumper rather than a
    > plane perpendicular. Any comments?

    I personally think the second method is the best way, structurally, to do
    this.
    You going to try and get this done before friday?
    Let me know if ya need any help. All my welders are on common household
    dryer plugs nd have a 50' extension cord. We can burn down the garage in
    short order, but make one hell of a winch mount :)
    Pete