Re: [lro] Redoing engines, and the dangers inherent therein. Advice pls

From: Rich Williams (lndrvr2@nwlink.com)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 21:30:43 EST

    > I feel your pain. I would like to start on my Series i, but it looks like
    I'm
    > back in Healey repair mode thanks to the dumb ass conversationalist with a
    > cell phone stuck in his ear that managed to hit me it on my way home from
    work
    > last night. I'd like to stuff his phone in different orifice.

    ARRRGH! Just the night before last I was driving down a street in my Rangie
    when a lady gabbing away on the cell cut diagonally from one store behind me
    on the left, across the street I was driving on, to another store off to my
    right. She never saw me. As she tore across the road she came up to me at
    about 7 or 8 o'clock, basically out of sight until the last second. No time
    for a horn, no time for brakes. All I could do is jump the curb, slide
    between some trees, across the sidewalk and down a grassy incline and into a
    parking lot - all at about 35 mph. Thank god there were no pedestrians in
    my way or other cars where I came to a full stop. The best part...a cop saw
    the whole thing. She got a fat ticket and I got a big grin when I heard the
    officer literally screaming at her about talking on the phone. We never
    made contact so I was lucky but this crap happens every day. Spend an extra
    minute parked in a parking lot and make that oh-so-urgent call, but when
    driving...geez!

    Take a deep breath - ahhhhhh!

    Okay - I'll shut up now.

    Rich