[lro] TD5 110 in US

From: Faure, Marin (marin.faure@boeing.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 13:13:31 EST

    On my way to work this morning I passed a Land Rover model
     I didn't think I'd ever see in the US. It was a Defender 110
    County, or at least a Station Wagon, with, if the lettering on the
    side was to be believed, a TD5 engine. It had Washington
    plates and was left-hand drive. So far as I'm aware,
    the only Defenders that have been imported to the US
    have been the 500, white, V-8 powered D110s in
    1993 and a smattering of V-8 powered D90s in the
    late '90s. I know individuals have brought in Defenders
    and had them altered to meet the US-safety and emissions
    specifications- I understand there's even at least one D130
    in the US. But I was surprised to see a TD5-powered
    Defender over here. I assume that's the so-called "Storm"
    five-cylinder diesel, which is a relatively new powerplant.