Re: [lro] New York Times

From: Richard Joltes (djoltes@attglobal.net)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 13:54:34 EST

    At 11:30 08-11-02 -0700, you wrote:

    >Stirling Anderson wrote
    >
    >" He suggests buying one of
    >>his for $30,000. Guess I need to double my asking
    >>price for The African. ;)
    >
    >That's not even in the ballpark. Did you notice the price listing at the bottom of the article for a 1961 restoration. $190,000.00 !
    >
    >I might have to install locks on mine if they're about to become worth big dollars.

    Err, sorry for my lack of knowledge but who's 'Cornflake' and what
    sort of bozo would try to sell a Series car for that much money?
    Or is he just preying on clueless yuppies who don't know any better?

    Then again, a mate took his immaculate '64 to an auto show here in
    Pittsburgh last year and some guy driving a Rangie offered him $50k
    for it on the spot.

    cheers,

    dj
    1974 SIII Airportable, 'Smudger'