LRO: Re: rude comments

From: BSharp4601@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 13:40:54 EDT

    In a message dated 7/5/2001 9:43:07 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
    owner-lro-digest@Works.Team.Net writes:

    > You know, it's comments like this that remind me of why I hardly read
    > this list anymore much less write to it. 20 people can write and talk
    > about how ugly the Aztec is, but someone throws in some comments about
    > coilers and some people get all bent out of shape. A true Land Rover
    > lover can and does appreciate both leafers and coilers...and yes, I do
    > have both.

    I own a coiler ... extensively modified Discovery (see sig line below) and,
    until several months ago, I was a member of the Rangie list for several
    years. I dropped off of the Rangie list because it was turning into the
    "SuperSwamper, nose bleed lift list." It wasn't what I was interested in, so
    I dropped off.

    I belong to several other lists with varying (usually focussed) topics, most
    of which are oriented to Land Rovers of different types. Most of my LRs are
    modified to some extent (carbs, parabolics, ACR heads, etc.) so I'm not a
    purist.

    Except for a few threads recently, this has been everything but the Series
    list (Aztecs, French cars, LWB Vs SWB Rangie, Scout, Jeep Cherokee, etc.)
    Quite simply, I joined this list so that I could read and continue learning
    about Series trucks and offer the occasional bit of advice when appropriate.
    How far afield are we going to go here? The list's volume of e-mails is
    increasing, but the LR (Series) content is decreasing.

    There is a forum out there to satisfy everyone, they just have to seek it
    out. I just want to read about Series trucks. If I'm in the wrong forum for
    Series trucks, can someone suggest the proper list I should check? Or, is
    that too much to ask?

    Bob Sharp
    Tucson, AZ
    The slumbering herd on the Rover Ranch:
    52 Series I 80"
    53 Series I 80"
    60 Series II 88"
    63 Series IIa 88"
    71 Series IIa 109"
    96 Discovery Series I

    "Why is it that every project you complete on a Land Rover results in
    knowledge and skills you hope you never need to use again?"