Re: LRO: Re: Engine/Trans Swap

From: Ian Stuart (Ian.Stuart@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 03:47:35 EDT

    On Tuesday 12 June 2001 14:39, you wrote:
    > > and at least a
    > >roll bar if not roll cage. the seats should and will also be
    > > mounted to the frame mounted cage.
    >
    > You may have a problems with this. You sit over the outside frame
    > rail so a roll cage that is around the side of the interior/exterior
    > is well outside the frame. And on left hand drive LRs there is just
    > no space for a front left interior cage leg. I think LR had a good
    > idea by making the cage external. The hard part is anchoring it.
    For roll-cage design (and specs, look no further than the ARC web pages

    (http://www.the-arc.co.uk/regulations/rbindex.htm)

    ARC => Association of Rover Clubs

    ARC clubs hold Trials and Competitive Safaris that require roll-cages,
    and the regulations specify the minimum requirements for the building,
    and mounting, of those cages.

    --
    Ian Stuart - EDINA, DataLibrary, University computing services.